This is a short tutorial about Two-Photon Photoemission (2PPE). It consists of 5 sections and a link list. There is no need to read the sections successively but the chapter “In brief” should be read first to understand what it is all about. You can either use the short cut menu on the left or the links below to navigate through the tutorial.
- In Brief: A very short description of 2PPE
- More detailed: Well, a more detailed discription, neglecting complicated theory.
- Two-Photon Photoemission
- Femtosecond laser: A close look at the most important instrument in 2PPE.
- Mode locking
- Experimental setup: Experimental realizsation of what is explained above.
- Examples: An application of 2PPE
- Image-potential states
- Links: Links to 2PPe related sites